Effective Date: 08/01/2016
Vinyl Interactive is a fast-growing, performance-based, online marketing company located in the Financial District of San Francisco, and we are looking to add a Data Analyst to our team. If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume.
The Data Analyst will be part of the Analytics and Data Science group and will work with all major business units in the company (Paid Search, Email, Business Development, Product, etc.). Our team performs a wide variety of analytical tasks, ranging from designing complex database queries, building reports in Excel, creating Tableau visualizations, and developing sophisticated predictive models.
You will be responsible for making sense of data collected across our websites and finding relationships as they relate to customer behavior, channel and product development, and profitability. The ideal candidate will be data-driven and intellectually curious, be a clear communicator, and have experience with analyzing marketing channels and campaigns. Our ideal candidate will also have an interest in building predictive models by applying data mining and machine learning algorithms to large data sets.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all data elements captured on Vinyl’s web properties, and interpret them as they relate to customer behavior, profitability, and product development
- Work closely with product, channel, and client managers to analyze performance and determine the impact of new features
- Develop dashboards and data visualizations in Tableau and Excel to communicate meaningful metrics to different audiences within the business
- Assist in building and auditing predictive models used in fraud detection, recommendation engines, and client quality scoring
- 1 year of experience with data analysis and turning data into insights and recommendations
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field
- Proficiency with a statistical scripting language is required (we use R)
- Solid SQL skills (we use MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server)
- Solid foundation in Statistics (e.g., classification, regression, hypothesis testing, model selection)
- Solid Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, vlookups, and array functions)
And one or more of the following:
- 2-3 years of professional experience with data analysis
- Advanced SQL skills
- A graduate degree in statistics, applied mathematics, machine learning, or similar discipline
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques such as boosting and support vector machines
- Experience with PPC, Email, Ad Network, or Call-Center channels/campaigns
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool (we use Tableau)
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Data Analyst in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.